Friday 16 March 2012

Evaluation question 7 FINAL



Looking back at your preliminary task (the school magazine task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?
From making my school magazine i feel that i have developed my skills in photoshop and gathering ideas and i have shown and improvement, when i first started the process of my school magazine i wasnt very skilled at using photoshop for example i had no idea how to make layers and cut out images, and i decided on my preliminary to use very simple and basic layouts and techniques, i didnt plan it accurately and i feel i didnt push my technical abilities.


 For the school magazine we didnt have the oppurtunity to research and plan so i i have learnt from my music magazine that research and planning is benefitial to the outcome and can help develop and challenge ideas. From the analysis of other magazine covers i have learnt how magazines are designed to attract and please their target audience. Creating my music magazine allowed me to apply the knowledge i was learning in an effective way, when comparing my school magazine to my music magazazine i think it represents how i ahve learnt different aspects that are included in magazines, for example on the cover of my school magazine the barcode would have needed to be smaller, this issue number and date smaller, and the strap lines in line and less list like. another example of what i have learnt and improved on is the contents i have included more detail this time, included more variation and a less confusing layout, And my photographs throughout are edited to compliment the magazine and not over edited.

No comments:

Post a Comment